Dr Richard Franklin
Dr Rick is a dual Sexual Health/GP specialist.
Rick Graduated from Otago Medical School in New Zealand . After spending a few years as a GP in Hong Kong he then moved to London and started specialist Sexual Health training. He completed his training in Auckland and went on to spend 23 years at Auckland Sexual Health , including 10 years as the Clinical Director.
From 2015-2017 Rick retrained in general practice, graduating from NZ College of General Practice in 2017, and the Australian College of General Practice in 2018. In 2018 he moved form New Zealand to Sydney , and has been at Taylor Square ever since.
Current Medical interests include:
• HIV and Hepatitis medicine - He is an S100 prescriber for both.
• Transgender Medicine - Rick has been involved in transgender medical care for over 15 years. He sees a lager number of both transmasc and transfemme clients and is well versed in oestrogen pellet insertion.
• Men’s sexual health - including PrEp, Syphilaxsis and erectile issues.
• General sexual health Issues, including genital dermatology, herpes prevention and the treatment of all STIs.
• Chronic health conditions in primary care - he is an authorised prescriber of plant based materials for sleep, stress and some mental health conditions.
He currently takes new patients.