Welcome to Taylor Square Private Clinic, Sydney
Established in 1981, Taylor Square Private Clinic is staffed by male and female specialist Sexual Health Physicians (Fellows of the Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Physicians) and Vocationally Registered General Practitioners with a special interest in Sexually Transmissible Diseases, HIV medicine, Family Planning and Gay Men’s Health.
All our doctors maintain an ardent interest in breakthrough health treatments, new research, and current clinical trials.
The philosophy of our practice is to provide patients with a friendly supportive team in an understanding and compassionate environment.
Monkeypox vaccination available from Monday 8th August.
MONKEYPOX Vaccination – ie with a third generation smallpox vaccine: JYNNEOS (also known as Imvamune or Imvanex)
The NSW Department of Health will be supplying us with a very limited number of vaccines for those who fulfil specific criteria & are already patients at this clinic.
If you fit one of the following criteria you can phone (02) 9331 6151 to be put on our list for vaccination*:
- If you are a gay male or transgender & can show us your ticket to Europe or North America for departure up to 31 October 2022.
- If you are a gay male or transgender with HIV and your CD4 (T cell) count is <200 and you consider yourself at high risk sexually.
- If you are a gay male or transgender & known to your doctor here as working in commercial sex.
- If you are a gay male or transgender & have been diagnosed at this clinic with gonorrhoea, chlamydia or syphilis since 1st August 2021.
For post-exposure prophylaxis for recent sexual contacts of confirmed cases of monkeypox (evidence required).
*Signed consent will be required.
*We are unable to offer vaccine outside these criteria.
- Sexually Transmissible Infections (STDs/ STIs),
- STI Testing & STI Treatment.
- HIV Medicine; HIV Symptoms
- HIV Testing, Rapid HIV Testing (Results in 20mins!)***
- HIV Treatment & HIV PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis)
- HIV Prevention: PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
- Hepatitis C Medicine; Hepatitis C Testing & Hepatitis C Treatment
- Hepatitis C + HIV Co-Infection
- Family Planning
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Gay Men’s Health.
*Telehealth Consultations remain eligible for a Medicare Rebate.
The fee for a Telehealth consultation will be $85, including for Health Care Card & Pension Card holders.
There is no Medicare Bulk Billing on Saturdays
All consultations on Saturdays are Fee For Service – this applies to everyone including PrEP consultations, Health Care Card holders and Pension Card holders.
- General medicine
- STI & HIV testing, advice & treatment
- Chronic hepatitis B & C management
- Safer sex counselling & resources
- Pap smears & Colposcopy
- Men’s sexual function
- Travel vaccination & information
- Clinical trials & research programs
Flu Vaccine 2022 Available Now
Please Ph: (02) 9331 6151 for an appointment
Taylor Square Private Clinic has been an active participant in international & local clinical research studies since the early 1980s, particularly in HIV, chronic hepatitis and herpes. Our clinic has been renowned for providing front line services in Sydney for those who are searching for a Sexual Health Clinic, STD Clinic, HIV test/ HIV testing/ AIDS Test, Rapid HIV Test, PEP or PrEP, STD testing, Hepatitis C Testing/ Hep C Test or for information on HIV Symptoms/ AIDS Symptoms & early signs of HIV.
Ph: (02) 9331 6151
393 Bourke Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 12noon.
*All Student Card (Up to Age 25yrs) and Health Care Card holders are bulk billed for face to face consultation (not Telehealth)
**Rapid HIV Tests available at no extra charge (by appointment)